Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Do brand politics impact consumer purchases? It’s complicated
Dec 4, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Multiple variables may affect how consumers react to brands that take a stand.
- Take our poll: Is the Time Well Spent movement influencing social media marketing plans?
Dec 4, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Marketing Land wants to know if the digital well being features introduced on social apps and mobile devices have impacted your social media ad strategies.
- Dive deep on best practices in search. Attend an SMX workshop!
Dec 4, 2018 by Marketing Land
Bona fide digital marketers need proven search marketing tactics and best practices in their toolkit. That’s why SMX® West offers in-depth workshops conducted by the world’s leading subject matter experts in SEO, SEM, in-house, and digital marketing. Workshops will be held Friday, February 1 at the San Jose Convention Center.
- Back to basics: Measuring your social media efforts with unique acquisition channels
Dec 4, 2018 by Alan K’necht
Segregating paid, organic and social activity in analytics clarifies the activity that drives which type of conversion.
- Email’s humble beginnings and the birth of tracking pixels
Dec 4, 2018 by Len Shneyder
Part 1 of this email marketing series looks at how far we’ve come with email from the days of ARPANET to the creation of a webmail client.
- AdStage launches Join to automatically unify campaign, analytics, sales data in one dashboard
Dec 4, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Customers will have full-funnel visibility into how their search and social campaigns are driving sales outcomes.
- Adobe adds new features to its data management platform
Dec 3, 2018 by Barry Levine
Audience Manager can now subtract traits in a lookalike model and report impressions by user segment.
- Bombora now shows clients online content interests that led to a purchase
Dec 3, 2018 by Barry Levine
The new historical tool complements the company’s existing Surge product, which uses online content interests to predict when companies are in-market for a given product.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A New Way to Share Gift Ideas on Facebook, Facebook Newsroom
- Black Friday Surpasses Cyber Monday in Global Ecommerce, Multichannel Merchant
- Facebook announces F8 2019 dates, Facebook for Developers
- Get Creative Guidelines, Tips and Inspiration All in One Place, Facebook Business
- In-Housing Is Accelerating, But Brands Will Never Completely Quit Their Agencies, AdExchanger
- Kargo partners with RSI to combat metric inflation, Kargo
- Reddit’s Year in Review: 2018, Upvoted
- What to do now for 2019 holiday sales, Practical Ecommerce
- Why a High Performing Product Marketing Team Is the Key to Growth, Marketo